November 15, 2013 15 Comments
You have to read Queerty’s list with the humor of it in mind.
Or the bragging rights.
There are some I will never do, but here are the ones I have done:
1. Go to a Gay Pride Parade.
4. Dress up in leather.
5. Accept that you will never have sex with Jake Gyllenhaal. (Never needed to do that one.)
9. Donate to [... a] gay advocacy organization.
10. Go to your class reunion and finally talk to the straight guy you were obsessed with in high school.
11. Expand your horizons. Find a fetish.
12. Read And the Band Played On, Tales of the City, Running with Scissors, Middlesex, and A Single Man.
13. Stop wearing t-shirts that are two sizes too small.
15. Date someone that is at least 5 years younger than you.
17. Stop being afraid of lesbians. (Never started, can’t see why.)
18. Live with a boyfriend.
19. Go to a Broadway musical.
20. Go to an NFL [...] game.
22. Have sex on a beach, in a park, in an elevator, on a roof, in a car, in the desert, and your parents’ house. (I need the roof and the elevator.)
25. Be in a monogamous relationship.
27. Take a same-sex Latin, Swing or Ballroom dance class.
28. Stay friends with a former lover.
30. Have sex in a foreign country.
33. Make peace with your parents. (Never was at peace with them.)
34. Know your status. Get an HIV test.
36. Fall in love.
37. Have sex with a woman… (Not because I wanted to say I did, that’s idiotic.)
38. Take your boyfriend home for the family Thanksgiving.
39. Stop manscaping everything.
40. Come out.
I have Thorny to thank for a lot of these, so thanks, baby. ♥